Friday, September 27, 2013

Inspirational Woman : Gwyneth Paltrow*





"I love to cook and feed people. I cook every day."


"I love being. There's so much wisdom in it. You wake up in the morning and you think, Hey, isn't it great just being?"


"My life is good because I am not passive about it. I invest in what is real. Like real people, to do real things, for the real me."



"I think you do fall in and out of love and you just keep going, and every time you go through a really difficult phase, you rediscover something new and it just gets better. We've been married for more than eight years now, and we're still into it."

"My life comes down to three moments: the death of my father, meeting my husband, and the birth of my daughter. Everything I did previous to that just doesn't seem to add up to very much."




"We laugh, we're good friends, we like to do the same stuff."

 "I just had a baby. I'm not going to work unless it's something really special and meaningful, because I can't imagine missing all that time with my daughter."



 "Taking care of yourself is being there for your kids, like how on a plane, they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first."


"It's a waste of time for people to say things they think other people want to hear, or try and come off in a certain way. I try to be as honest as I can."



"I spend a good portion of my dinner-party conversation defending America because no matter what the political agenda, it's still a fantastic, amazing place."

"I do 45 minutes of cardio five days a week, because I like to eat. I also try for 45 minutes of muscular structure work, which is toning, realigning and lengthening. If I'm prepping for something or I've been eating a lot of pie, I do two hours a day, six days a week for two weeks."




"I understand what it feels like not to like aspects of yourself. There have been times that I have felt really terrible about the way I look. I have the seed of that feeling."






"I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year."

"I always feel closest to my father when I am in the kitchen. This book is meant to channel the ethos of my father by sharing the greatest gifts that he imparted to me. Invest in what’s real. Drink while you cook. Make it fun. Health food was never really on the agenda. It was about fun and deliciousness and togetherness."


Shakespeare In Love, Great Expectations

The Royal Tenenbaums, Two Lovers

Bounce, The Talented Mr. Ripley, View from the Top

"In my thirties, I feel like I really know who I am. I’ve made huge mistakes, I’ve learned from them…I feel much more comfortable in my skin now at this age than I did in my twenties."


"The older I get, the more open-minded I get, the less judgmental I get."








xoxo, S&I







No comments:

Post a Comment