Saturday, August 4, 2012

Inspirational Woman: Angelina Jolie*


"First and foremost comes my family and my life with Brad. We have so much joy in raising our children and teaching them about the world that nothing really compares to that."


"I'm just glad I was able to return to some of that innocence and beauty I had as a child when I started my own family, and my children brought me back some of that spirit."




"I believe the only people that should be around a child and raising a child are people who absolutely, 100 percent love that child."



 "Artists raise their kids differently. We communicate to the point where we probably annoy our children. We have art around the house, we have books, we go to plays, we talk. Our focus is art and painting and dress-up and singing. It’s what we love. So I think you can see how artists in some way raise other artists."


"I want to take time to understand life. I want to travel. I want to be a better person, a better Mom. I want to do something good with my life."

"In countries where people have to flee their homes because of persecution and violence, political solutions must be found, peace and tolerance restored, so that refugees can return home. In my experience, going home is the deepest wish of most refugees."
"We cannot close ourselves off to information and ignore the fact that millions of people are out there suffering. I honestly want to help. I don't believe I feel differently from other people. I think we all want justice and equality, a chance for a life with meaning. All of us would like to believe that if we were in a bad situation someone would help us."  


 "I felt beautiful when I was in Cambodia. I was sweaty, and my hair was matted and all over the place. And I was happy and hot and accomplishing a lot and running around, and I could feel my heart beating, and I felt beautiful."  


"In Africa, we were around thousands of people who have seen a lot of poverty, but they were fun at the end of the day."  


 "It was inspiring to be around these people who are in the field every day helping people who help people." 


 "We need the political will, and that often comes from the will of the people. So if celebrities or personalities can help to educate the people - not influence them, not tell them (what to do) - just tell them the truth about what's happening and let them form their own opinion, that will strengthen them and they will push their politicians." 


"I am deeply grateful to the citizens of Sarajevo and the Sarajevo Canton assembly for bestowing upon me this incredible honor of citizenship. I am so proud to now be a part of such an extraordinary part of the world and fellow citizen to the people I deeply love and admire."


"I think we should try to be responsible and educate ourselves. I'm simply doing that and traveling, learning first hand, and seeing first hand what's going on."  



 "I think all women go through periods where we hate this about ourselves, we don't like that. It's great to get to a place where you dismiss anything you're worried about. I find flaws attractive. I find scars attractive."


"Usually all my tattoos came at good times. A tattoo is something permanent when you've made a self-discovery, or something you've come to a conclusion about."



" I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free." 


 "People will always say all sorts of stuff. Let them. I'm enjoying my life."


 "I love to put on lotion. Sometimes I'll watch TV and go into a lotion trance for an hour. I try and find brands that don't taste bad in case anyone wants to taste me."


 "All women do have a different sense of sexuality, or sense of fun, or sense of like what's sexy or cool or tough."





 "We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly... Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything... Throw things out there and not be perfect and not have answers to anything and see if people understand."


"He's a wonderful man and a great father and the person I admire most in the world because I know who he is every minute of every day. I think he's extraordinary."



Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)

Salt (2010)


Wanted (2008)

"I don't plan to keep acting very long. I'm ready to do a few things now and fade away and get ready to be a grandma one day."

(Gia, 1998)

(Girl, Interrupted, 1999)

(Girl, Interrupted, 1999)


(The Tourist, 2010)

" We’re all just big kids. That's all we are. We are artistes. We grew up wanting to be part of the fantasy of the fairy tales and the stories."

(Life or Something Like It 2002.)

(Changeling, 2008)

(Original Sin, 2001)



"I am a working mother who has set goals to accomplish a lot in this world. I want my wardrobe to be beautiful, sexy and comfortable, all at the same time."


xoxo, S&I


No comments:

Post a Comment